Judging a book by its cover is never advised, but if you are selling your house, polishing the “cover” of your home might do the trick for you.
A popular term often used by realtors to boost the appraised value of a house, curb appeal defines the general attractiveness of a property.
During sales, realtors emphasize it’s the best investment to improve the curb appeal as first impressions play a crucial role in real estate. The interiors of your house can be stunning, but if your home lacks curb appeal, the value of your house can drop rapidly.
If you are dicey about deciding whether it’s too expensive, you will be glad to know that enhancing it can be done without burning a hole in your pocket. Here is a list of some practical ways to boost curb appeal instantly.
Ways To Improve Curb Appeal
- Replace the dingy and malfunctioning hardware in the house exterior. If you have tilted house numbers, a broken door lockset, or a dated mailbox, then change the elements to create the aesthetic you desire for your house. You can select bronze finishes or nickel sets to suit the look of your home.
- Add some flowers and greeneries to your front porch. Even if you do not have a green thumb, invest in plants requiring minimum maintenance and place them in strategic points like the entranceways and windows. You can set the plants in colourful pots to brighten up your space.
- Make sure to keep your lawn clean to earn some brownie points from your buyers. Provide regular care, mow the grass, rake the leaves and pull off any weeds.
- One exciting tip to boost curb appeal instantly without breaking much sweat is to paint your door. You can make your door pop by using bright colours or just remove stains and dirt and polish it clean. You can also install custom wooden doors and add accessories like a flag, wreath, or a personal item representing your style.
- Did you know that by adding some symmetry, you can instantly access the most straightforward route to boost curb appeal? Symmetric arrangement of light fixtures, overhanging and front-door accents can create a welcoming entranceway.
- Introduce outdoor lighting to boost curb appeal points and enhance security and safety. You can illuminate the walking path by incorporating lighting fixtures that create a perfect ambiance. Make sure to clear all cobwebs and debris around the lightning fixturès to make your space clean and bright.
- Remove all the junk littering your porch and driveway to the house. If it does not fit the house’s aesthetic, toss it away or recycle it.
- The roof of the house is often ignored while restoring the beauty of the place. You do not want an untidy roof when your buyers show up. Clean it, remove the debris and take active measures to keep it clean. You can also paint the roof tiles in bright colours.
- As you are decorating the rest of the house, do not leave out your garage doors. You can paint the doors, add some new hardware fixtures or even change them according to your preferences.
Read also: Porch Light Colors
All real estate agents consider it one of the best investments to make to improve the curb appeal of your home, as it requires just some minor tweaks and care and helps increase the overall value of your property.
Even if you cannot add new hardware fixtures or incorporate fancy accessories to your porch, you can always ensure keeping the house’s exterior clean and tidy. Frequent removal of debris and just proper cleaning and good landscaping can brighten up a space in no time.
If you find boosting the curb appeal difficult, you can always ask for experienced professionals available in the market.